This type of mass memory is currently developed by Airbus Defence and Space for the TERRASAR-X program. The mass memory is tailored for High-Resolution SAR instruments .with very high data rates ( 2 to 6 Gbps ) and large capacities ( 512 to 768 Gbit EoL)
The typical performance parameters of the TerraSARX mass memory class are:
• Medium to large EoL data storage capacity from 512 Gbit up to several Tbit.
• Very high input data rate of up to 6 Gbps. Data are received via multiple and scalable data input channels at a rate of 1 Gbps per channel. Input interface based on HDMP 1032 A /1034 A Giga Link receiver/ transmitter
• Reliability : 0.98 ( after 5 years mission time )
• Functions : File Management , Data Compression , Formatting , Encryption , Scrambling
• Downlink data are encrypted ( 3DES ; AES ) and formatted acc. to CCSDS Standard
• High speed telemetry downlink Interface based on LVDS data rate of 300 (600 ) Mbps
• Power consumption: 60 to max. 120 W
The architecture of the mass memory is modular structured and subdivided in:
• data input section ( I-UIC )
• data routing network section ,( SWITCHING MATRIX "SWMX " )
• data storage section ( UFM1 to UFM6 ) ,
• data pre-processing/compression section ( optional )
• data output and downlink transmission section (O-UIC ) .
High resolution SAR Instrument ( TerraSAR X / TANDEMX ) and Optical Instruments
DLR and Airbus Defence and Space itself.