The BC/RT/BM is an integrated and cost effective MIL-STD-1553B Bus Controller ASIC, built in a radiation tolerant technology and qualified for space applications.
The MIL-STD-1553B BC/RT/BM ASIC is able to manage the MIL-STD-1553B protocol in either of the following operating modes:
- bus controller, driving communications with remote terminals-
- remote terminal, responding to requests from another bus controller -
- bus monitor, recording all data running on the data bus
The BC/RT/BM provides all facilities for interfacing with the host system through an application data bus (16 bit wide, DMA/shared memory modes, interrupt generation, EDAC protection). In BC mode, user applications can be download in the ASIC program memory and instructions are run such as:
- WAIT instruction for periods without transfer on the bus
- CALL and RETURN instructions for subroutines facilities
- JUMP instruction with or without condition
- BC to RT, RT to BC or RT to RT exchange instruction with buffer address to fetch or store data.
The BC/RT/BM has a dual 1553B bus capability, including redundancy management. The MIL-STD-1553B BC/RT/BM ASIC has a low power consumption and a radiation tolerance better than 100 kRads (functional), that are especially relevant for space applications.
The BC/RT/BM 1553B ASIC is used on all Eurostar 3000 communication spacecraft for several customers. It is also used on several programs as COLOMBUS and International Space Station.
Intelsat, Eutelsat, SES Astra, CNES, Inmarsat, ISRO, ...