The Core Radar Instrument Onboard Software provides the mission level Control and Functionality of the Core Radar family of SAR instruments. Developed as a generic modular design to Flight category Standards, its library of Units can be combined and configured to provide the capabilities required for a variety of missions. Additional Units may be added easily to provide features not currently held within its Library.
• Developed to Flight Category Standards
• Implementation uses the Ada ‘Ravenscar’ Profile
• UML Design
• Full Test Results Available
• User Command Features include: Immediate & Time Scheduled command execution; High & Low level command operations; Mode Selection; Operate Sequence specification; Transmit Pulse specification; Sample Window Start Time specification; Swath specification
• Mission/User Definable Features include: Platform Interface; Input Command Queue size; Output Telemetry History Buffer size; Radar Timing Control Patterns
• Full and Continuous Health Monitoring & Reporting
• Variable Transmit Pulse operation
• Variable Sample Window Start Time operation
Used in Radarsat 2, part of the Canadian Space Agency Earth Observation programme.