Airbus Defence and Space will be present at the 50th International Paris Air Show at Le Bourget from 17-23 June 2013 (Hall 2A – Stand A253, EADS Pavilion – Row A, outdoor static exhibition area)
Airbus Defence and Space will be exhibiting its VIP GSM Bubble service, Alphasat - the world’s most sophisticated telecommunications satellite, Ariane 5 - the most reliable commercial launch vehicle, and its innovative Earth Observation, Navigation and Science satellites and services
Europe’s leading space technology company and number three in the world, Airbus Defence and Space is the only global company that covers the full range of civil and defence space systems, equipment and services
Airbus Defence and Space, Europe’s leading space technology company, will be present at the 50th International Paris Air Show, to be held at Le Bourget Exhibition Centre from 17-23 June 2013.
In addition to being at the “Avion des métiers” (near Hall Concorde), Airbus Defence and Space will be showcasing the following systems and services at its stand (La Rotonde, Hall 2A, Stand A253), at the AIRBUS Group Pavilion (end of Row A) and the static display area (outside the Pavilion):
- Alphasat, the world’s most sophisticated commercial telecommunications satellite ever built. Designed and manufactured by Airbus Defence and Space, it is scheduled for launch in the summer of 2013.
- Ka-band, for broadband applications: in particular, KA-SAT (Europe’s first Ka-band satellite, dedicated to Internet access, built by Airbus Defence and Space) as well as civil and military Ka-band services offered by Airbus Defence and Space.
- Airbus Defence and Space’s VIP GSM bubble service which combines satellite telecommunications with mobile telephony, deployable in a matter of minutes to provide a GSM network independent of local telecommunication networks.
- Equipment for telecommunications satellites manufactured in Europe and exported around the world.
Access to space and mastering space:
- Ariane 5, the most reliable commercial launcher currently in service, for which Airbus Defence and Space is the prime contractor and which has just achieved its 55th consecutive successful launch.
- Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV), designed and built by Airbus Defence and Space, ferries propellant, food, water and equipment to the International Space Station (ISS)
- Ballistic missile defence (BMD) and the EGIDE battle lab.
- GO-3S: real-time video from space thanks to an Earth-observation satellite system in geostationary orbit capable of generating 5 images per second, anytime, anywhere.
- I4D: an Airbus Defence and Space geo-intelligence solution to access, merge and analyse all kinds of intelligence information (SIGINT, Imint, Humint) by means of a virtual globe.
- WorldDEM™: a digital elevation model of the Earth, with unmatched accuracy, developed thanks to Airbus Defence and Space’s radar satellites.
- The ‘in-orbit proven’ Pléiades and SPOT 6 satellites, which together form the only constellation in the world capable of taking high-resolution and very high-resolution images of a selected point anywhere on Earth on a daily basis.
- Galileo, the high-performance European navigation system, of which the four IOV (In-Orbit Validation) satellites, designed and built by Airbus Defence and Space, are operating perfectly in orbit with the required level of accuracy.
- 18/06/2013, 08:30 AM: Airbus Defence and Space CEO Alain Charmeau will host a media breakfast in the AIRBUS Group Pavilion (end of Row A).
- 19/06/2013, 08:30 AM: Airbus Defence and Space CEO Eric Béranger will host a media breakfast in the AIRBUS Group Pavilion (end of Row A).
- 20/06/2013, 08:30 AM: Airbus Defence and Space CEO Evert Dudok will host a media breakfast in the AIRBUS Group Pavilion (end of Row A).
About Airbus Defence and Space
Together, pioneering excellence
Airbus Defence and Space is the number one company in Europe for space technologies and the third in the world. It is the only global company that covers the full range of civil and defence space systems, equipment and services.
In 2012, Airbus Defence and Space had a turnover over €5.8 billion and 18,000 employees worldwide.
Its three business units are: Airbus Defence and Space, the European prime contractor for launchers, orbital systems and space exploration; Airbus Defence and Space, a leading provider of satellite system solutions, including spacecraft, ground segments, payloads and equipments; Airbus Defence and Space, the Space services partner for critical missions, providing comprehensive fixed and mobile solutions covering secure and commercial satcoms and networks, and bespoke geo-information services, worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space is a wholly owned subsidiary of AIRBUS Group, a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2012, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of €56.5 billion and employed a workforce of over 140,000.
|Jeremy Close (Airbus Defence and Space UK)||Tel.: +44 (0)1 438 77 3872|
|Gregory Gavroy (Airbus Defence and Space FR)||Tel.: +33 (0) 1 77 75 80 32|
|Ralph Heinrich (Airbus Defence and Space GER)||Tel.: +49 (0) 89 607 33971|
|Francisco Lechón (Airbus Defence and Space SP)||Tel.: +34 91 586 37 41|