• Airbus Defence and Space is present at the Euronaval show at Le Bourget, near Paris, from 22-26 October 2012 (Hall 2A, Stand G70), consolidating its position as a leader in the industry and in defence space services
• The company will be unveiling its maritime surveillance solutions, among other products and services
• Through its telecommunications and Earth-observation satellite services, Airbus Defence and Space is a major partner of merchant and military navies around the world
19 October 2012 – Airbus Defence and Space, Europe’s leading space technology company, will present the following products and services at its stand at the 2012 Euronaval show, to be held at the Paris-Le Bourget Exhibition Centre from 22-26 October:
- OceanWay: a satellite-based maritime surveillance service that can monitor and track ships in every ocean from space.
- SAT-AIS: a satellite-based ship-identification system.
- GO-3S: video from space thanks to an Earth-observation satellite system in geostationary orbit capable of generating 25 images per second.
Helicopter deck-landing systems:
- Deckfinder: a fully automatic landing system for helicopters (manned or unmanned vehicles).
Ocean-going deterrent capability and ballistic missile defence:
- Territorial ballistic missile defence
- Deterrence programmes (Exoguard, Kill Vehicle…).
Following the acquisition of Vizada in December 2012, Airbus Defence and Space now leads the way among the world’s foremost satellite operators as the global leader in telecommunications services to the maritime sector. Airbus Defence and Space equips cargo and cruise ships, fishing vessels, ferries and offshore platforms, and supplies communication services for captains, crews, and passengers. In the military sector, Airbus Defence and Space provides state of the art satellite communications, notably to the British, French and German navies.
We invite representatives of media outlets to the Airbus Defence and Space stand (Hall 2A, Stand G70) to find out more about our many civil and military space technology applications.
Press contact for Airbus Defence and Space at Euronaval:
Gregory Gavroy: +33 629 48 12 72, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Airbus Defence and Space
Airbus Defence and Space is the number one company in Europe for space technologies and the third in the world. In 2011, Airbus Defence and Space had a turnover close to €5 billion and 18,000 employees worldwide, mainly in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and the Netherlands.
Airbus Defence and Space is the sole European company that covers the whole range of civil and defence space systems and services.
Its three business units are: Airbus Defence and Space for launchers and orbital infrastructure; Airbus Defence and Space for spacecraft and ground segment; Airbus Defence and Space for comprehensive fixed and mobile end-to-end solutions covering secure and commercial satcoms and networks, high security and broadcast satellite communications equipment and systems, and bespoke geo-information services, worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space is a wholly owned subsidiary of AIRBUS Group, a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of over 133,000.
Jeremy Close (Airbus Defence and Space UK) Tel.: +44 (0)1 438 77 3872
Gregory Gavroy (Airbus Defence and Space FR) Tel.: +33 (0) 1 77 51 80 32
Ralph Heinrich (Airbus Defence and Space GER) Tel.: +49 (0) 89 607 33971
Francisco Lechón (Airbus Defence and Space SP) Tel.: +34 91 586 37 41